The choice of freight forwarding company is mainly investigated from three aspects.
①Choose a freight forwarding company with a high reputation
②Freight forwarding companies generally have grades
③Criteria for selecting a freight forwarder
Details as follows:
1. Choose a freight forwarding company with a high reputation
Before shipment, verify the business license of the other party, check the NVOCC code of the freight forwarding company and the international freight forwarding certificate number approved by the relevant Ministry of Foreign Trade and Economic Cooperation or the relevant certificate of the national first-level NVOCC agent, as well as the registration time and registered capital, etc. (This is the most basic and necessary)
2. Freight forwarding companies generally have graded freight forwarders divided into first-class, second-class, third-class, fourth-class, etc.
Generally, shipping companies will issue route freight and shipping space to first-class freight forwarding companies (NVOCCs). Main, another direct contact with the shipping company is the designated agent of the shipping company, a freight forwarding company (similar to a first-level non-vessel carrier) that can provide a stable supply of goods for a long time and maintain a good cooperative relationship with the shipping company. After the company agent gets the price of the route, it will be distributed to some subordinate secondary freight forwarding companies in the form of small profits but quick turnover. Sometimes when the cargo owner directly asks the shipping company to apply for the price and space, it will be much higher than the price released by some freight forwarding companies, but it is also prone to problems when choosing a freight forwarding company. , once a problem occurs, the efficiency of the solution will be quite slow and easy to complicate things. Therefore, when choosing a freight forwarding company, it is best to choose a first-class freight forwarding company (NVOCC) with a higher reputation.
3. Conditions for selecting freight forwarders
(1) First of all, it is necessary to know which route the company has the advantage of, which is the main advantageous shipping company, and then know which route the shipping company takes to the customer’s port, the time of customs clearance, the number of days of sailing, the number of shipping Is the price appropriate.
(2) Whether the company can provide relevant agency declarations, trailers and warehouse storage capabilities, so that the entire transportation process can be connected more appropriately, and the shipping agency company is solely responsible for any problems in the middle. .
(3) In fact, does the freight forwarder understand the mode of international trade and its development trend, the flow of goods, etc., whether the destination port of the goods exported to the country has special restrictions on the goods of its own enterprise or needs to apply for special relevant certificates, or What additional charges should be charged for a certain route, which can bring convenience to the owner of the estimated cost
(4) Whether the pre-configured shipping company is a direct ship or needs to transfer, which port is the transfer, and whether it can ensure that the transfer can be completed on the current ship, and there will be no container drop at the transfer port.
(5) For special products, you should know whether the freight forwarding company’s carrying capacity and service scope can accept some special products, such as chemical products, frozen products, food, dangerous goods, powder and liquid items, as well as special cabinet freezers, dry freezers Special services such as cabinets, flat-panel cabinets, open-top cabinets, etc. (depending on their own products), generally qualified carriers of special items can provide relevant documents such as proof of carriage.
(6) A first-class freight forwarder should be proficient in handling the documents for the transportation of goods by sea, and ensure that the basic production is correct, clear and timely. Main shipping documents include bill of lading, sea waybill, manifest, consignment note, bill of lading, packing list, port receipt, chief mate’s receipt and other related agency processes and steps.
(7) A better freight forwarder should understand customs procedures and port operation procedures. In import and export trade, customs clearance is a traditional function of freight forwarders. In the dual relationship between freight forwarders and customs authorities and their customers, the legal position of freight forwarders varies from country to country, but customs agents are usually authorized by the government. Customers should consider whether the freight forwarder, as a customs agent, has the ability to protect the responsibilities of both the customer and the customs authority in the process of performing its duties. The freight forwarder has the agency capacity of transportation to departure procedures, bonded storage, inland customs clearance, etc. The operation capacity of port procedures is very important.
(8) Whether the freight forwarding company has its own branch or agent in the city or port where the customer is located, whether it can complete the door-to-door transportation service, and whether it can provide the contact information and company information of the agent. Being able to complete the door-to-door transportation service is one of the points. The other point is that when the freight forwarding company has a branch agency in the destination port to coordinate, sometimes the cooperation terms with foreign businessmen are the premise of CNF or CIF, but often encounter some When unexpected factors occur, such as the sudden inability of the customer to redeem the goods or the malicious price reduction by the customer, it is possible to better control the property rights with the assistance of the agent of the freight forwarding company to avoid damage to interests. Or problems such as finding a new buyer at the destination or returning the goods can be handled in a better timeliness. Although there are not many cases like this, it may not be a bad thing to leave an extra way for oneself as a risk in international trade.